Saturday, July 11, 2009

Peaches and Lizards

Today we went to the Peach Festival in Weatherford, Tx. We drank lemonade, ate peach ice cream and really yummy peach cobbler. There were lots of crafts and food booths and all of the shops on the square were open as well. It was really hot too, even though we got there early and left around 11:00 am.

Most of the crafts were a little too "crafty" for me, but some of the "antique" stores along the square and side streets seemed to have good prices on some interesting pieces.




We bought these peaches

and these tomatoes from a produce stand.

I also bought this lizard to go in my sun room.


He will join my other lizard friends on the wall. I'm always on the look out for unique lizards we we take a trip.

Now we're home to keep cool for the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Hoppin in from Mc Linky. I LOVE your lizard collection. that photo is just a gem of a fun photo!! And the frogs, well, we hunt them too, but we grill 'em and the kids eat them!!!I'm not so much a knitter any more, but I do love to crochet. Used to do argyle and fisherman sweater cables and braids... pity you can't do those so well with crochet.
    What a fun blog!! My favorite yarn shop on earth is called The Quarter Stitch and its in Jackson Square in New Orleans

    ReplyDelete