Sunday, April 19, 2009

Football...already?

Last Friday we were going to fly to Lubbock for the Texas Tech spring scrimmage football game on Saturday.  As most of you know, since I am retired from American Airlines, we fly stand-by almost every time we fly.  You have to be pretty flexible - time wise - to fly that way.  When I got up at 5:15 am on Friday morning to check us in for the flight, I found that the flights that had been only half full on Thursday night were now full.  Since there had been bad weather in Lubbock the night before, flights had been canceled and the passengers moved to Friday AM.  Great.  The third flight on Friday still looked pretty good though, so we decided to go ahead and give it a shot.  After waiting in the airport for a hour or so, the weather from Lubbock the night before arrived at DFW and canceled the fight we were waiting for.  So, we just got in the car and drove.  

My reward was going to be getting to visit the one yarn store in Lubbock, maybe in all of west Texas, when we got there.  I discovered that they went out of business last January.  Great.  

We went to a Tech baseball game that night (I went and sat in the car around the 4th inning because I was cold).  Saturday we went to the football game -- the weather was really nice.  And then to dinner at Orlandos.  Today we drove home and stopped on Thurber for lunch.  It was pretty good.  

I did get some car and football game knitting done though.  I'll post some pictures later this week after I fix the part that I did wrong.

I will end with some on my favorite flower photos from this past week.  Enjoy!  





No comments:

Post a Comment