Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekend Visit

We had a great time visiting with CareBear this last weekend in the Portland, OR area and we had two whole days of sunshine!  We met several of her friends, did some shopping and went to church with her on Sunday.  

When I was in California for the knitting workshop recently, I discovered Trader Joe's.  It's a grocery store mostly located on the west and east coasts -- we don't have them here in Texas.  I had to stop and stock up on a few goodies.


The cherry trees were also blooming and they were really pretty.



Here is a picture of Mt. Hood, taken from the car with my phone.



I also tried to take some photos of Mt. St. Helen from the car.  I got some great shots of barricade barrels, a building and a pole...



and finally one without too much other stuff.



We also went to a couple of yarn stores and to the Tulip Festival.  The tulip fields actually weren't blooming yet, it's been too cold, but they did have some blooms in the demonstration gardens.
 


We had some wonderful food and had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment